Have you heard? There's a wicked fun new BIKE-ONLY trail in Fruitvale that's unofficially been voted "best trail in the area" by a handful of weekend warriors who have already uncovered South Kootenay's newest trail stash.
What can you expect from the new, flowy Barclay Creek trail?
• Requires a 1.9 km (length) / 230 m (elevation) climb up Webster Road Trail, a multi-use & multi-directional trail full of switchbacks through a shaded cedar forest.
• 3 km blue-intermediate downhill-only descent (aka, no uphill travel).
• Countless high-speed berms and ample creek crossings.
• A handful of small features with ride-around options.
• Bears like biking, too, as noted by the on-trail "presents".
• Terrain is a mix of cedar forests, wildflower meadows and valley floor views.
• Plan for 1.75-2 hours of riding at a leisurely uphill pace with plenty of water breaks and high fives.
A massive thanks goes out to Alpine Connection for their expertise in bringing this trail to life.
Check out the trail stats on Trailforks right here: https://www.trailforks.com/trails/barclay-creek/
The Beaver Valley, Greater Trail and Rossland areas are fortunate to have an excellent network of world-class trails for skiing, snow-shoeing, hiking, mountain-biking and horse-back riding. These trails are managed and maintained by the Kootenay Columbia Trails Society and their superb network of volunteers. Interested in knowing more? Go to http://www.kcts.ca.
Beaver Valley Recreation Office:
1777 Green Road, Fruitvale
Email or T: 250.231.5172