Planning & Development
You’re in the right place for information about Zoning Bylaws, Official Community Plans and how they affect development activities in your current or prospective community, home, business or development project.
You can also review our extensive maps of the region that show where zoning and plans apply within a jurisdiction or to an individual land parcel.
Contact the Building Department for information on Building Permits or Building Bylaws.
We serve five unincorporated RDKB Electoral Areas
(A, B, C, D and E) and provide support as needed to other areas and municipalities.
What we do:
• Develop land use policies to guide elected officials, developers, the public and other decision makers
• Institute floodplain management and other environmental protective measures that apply to the land base across our region
• Work cooperatively with our eight member municipalities to coordinate land use strategies in urban fringe areas
• Develop GIS-based mapping products for the entire region
• Evaluate applications and make recommendations to decision makers
• Issue Development and Temporary Use Permits and Variances
• Process applications to the Agricultural Land Reserve
• Comment on subdivision proposals
• Provide house-numbering services for electoral areas
• Provide bylaw enforcement in electoral areas
Curious about the planning process in your community? Find out more about:
• Public hearings
• Area Planning Commission (APC) or other committee meetings
• Past meeting minutes and decisions; future meetings and agendas
• Online engagement at jointheconversation.rdkb.com